Monday, March 21, 2011

New Stuff...

Well I have been pretty slack the last week and haven't written much so forgive me if this post becomes looonng. Not that I have been unusually busy, (cuz I haven't) I guess I just found other things to do. Enjoying the warm temperatures and sunshine would be one thing!!
     I have also been attempting to learn how to use my new camera:

                               
I am loving this thing! It's a Canon Rebel T2i. There are so many different things I can learn to do I cannot begin to tell you how excited I am. So in true nerd fashion I really did read most of the stupid little book it comes with! Now my goal is to find some kind of photography class to take. I did take a class one time, but seeing as that was many years ago (yes I said many) high school was MANY years ago I probably need a refresher. Here's a few I took the past week:


Shooting the new gun


And again


My sister


Flowers at moms


Old Fire Truck


Outside My House


Gracie


Zeke

I could seriously take pictures all day long. I would love to really get into it. I know those pictures aren't anything extraordinary but I'm just getting started!

So, in earlier posts I mentioned I will be going back on my insulin pump in the next month. All the classes are scheduled and it finally came in the mail. I did have a choice of colors..and NO it wasn't hard to decide...


Woohooo..and here it is! So when you see me with a new random attachment to my hip, this is it! I think it is just too cute. Years ago I had a pump, and I called it Bob. No earthly idea why I named it that but I did. This one is obviously much more girly. I think I'm going to call it Daisy. :) Since it's with me 24/7 it's only right it has a name!! Start date tentatively scheduled for April 17th!

I have also been doing some shopping lately. I am continually looking for things that I must have before my vacation in June!! There are some specific things I need and I found one last week . I generally wear heals or flip flops and i didn't think those would do with all the walking I'm sure to be doing so I got these..


They are Merell hiking/walking shoes. I've worn them twice and they are so comfy! We'll see how they do out west.

Mom and I also went to a couple of consignment shops today and we had so much fun. I had a lot of success, I got several shirts, shorts/skirts  and a couple really cute dresses all very reasonably priced! I can't wait till the weather stays warm so I can wear them! We really were on a mission to find a specific outfit for my grandparents surprise anniversary party coming up but I don't think either one of us accomplished that goal. Oh well I guess there is more shopping in our near future..oh how i hate that!! haha.



Consignment Shop bargain.. $10


Found this at Belk..precious!!

Well I finished out the week with date night with my man last night. Dinner and a movie and simply enjoying each others company. We had a great time. Now it's back to the real world for me tomorrow (unless I get called off). Hope everyone has a fabulous week!!


* The indispensable first step to getting the things you want out of life is this: Decide what you want....*

No comments:

Post a Comment