I thought I would be posting about the success or failure of my latest cooking attempt but instead I had a change of plans which was I'm sure 100% better than anything I would cook: Mom's cooking! We decided to get together for my step dads birthday tonight....fried chicken, mashed potatoes and ice cream cake...yummy yummy, so I'll save my cooking for another night. Mr. P was in rare form tonight! He had me cracking up all night. He is soo funny, guess 2 days at the real 8-5 desk job sent him over the edge! I think he missed his calling, he should have been a comedian for sure. Family time is always good.
I was very productive today, running errands, getting the house back in order and cleaning. My sister who is 10 came over for most of the afternoon and we had a blast. I don't think I've ever known a ten year old who wanted to come help clean but she did. Although I must admit I'm sure her ulterior motive was to see my dogs!!! She loves them and they love her and they are always exhausted after she leaves which is a good thing for me. What I really want to share is a story she shared with me today. Ash was telling me all about going to play with one of her friends, seemed like that had a great time. She told me how they were throwing all kinds of rocks in the water to watch them splash (amazing the things that entertain you as a child) and then how they found this 100 pound rock.(she swore it was that big) Yep, they could not wait to throw it in the water because they just knew the splash was going to be amazing. Well, she looked right at me and said Holly, I was so disappointed, the rock barely made a splash at all. She was dead serious. WOW! That really hit me. How nice it must be to be disappointed because your rock didn't make a big splash. I soo wish sometimes that's all I had to worry about. How nice would that be?!?!? No real world, no job worries, no budget worries just simply a splash. I love to be around her because it puts everything in perspective. She is growing up so fast and sometimes I don't want her to! I want her to be young and not have to worry about anything. To play all day barefoot in the snow and climb trees and ride horses and never worry about a thing. I know she has to grow up I just want to shield her from all the not so fun stuff about life. Don't worry I'll try my hardest! For those of you that don't know, I wanted a sister all my life. Every time I made a wish, with a penny or blowing out candles on a cake, that was always my wish. I don't know exactly when I gave up but at some point I did. Then when I was 16 she was born! Guess all those wishes finally paid off. With that being said, there better not be any mean girls or boys giving her a hard time...or they will have to deal with me! haha not really, I know all I can do is be her biggest supporter and that I can do.
The weekend is right around the corner and hopefully the sun will be shining...especially since it was close to 60 yesterday and it is currently sleeting right now. Whatever NC weather! Must be as indecisive as me.The Superbowl is Sunday, I could really care less who wins (because neither the Panthers or the Dolphins are in it) but it should at least be a good time! Friends, food and fun! Tomorrow I'll be back to work playing nurse mommy to my little tiny! Hope she behaves! Nitenite!!
XOXO



No comments:
Post a Comment